Welcome to AfricaOracle. This website www.africaoracle.com is owned by AfricaOracle Ltd. (“we” or “us”), incorporated in England, registered company number is 09347283 and its registered address at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, certificate reference number ZA373604. We also collect your personal data when you register for our training courses using Eventbrite.By using this website, you agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property laws.
What data is being collected?
The personal information we collect may include your name, job title, company name and contact details (phone number, email and address) when you contact us regarding our services or when you meet us during training or networking events. We also collect your email address when you sign up to receive our email newsletter. We use Google Analytics that collect data such as your computer hardware and software, your mobile device, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, which pages you visit or how long you spend reading a particular page and other website statistics. We also collect your personal data when you register for our training courses using Eventbrite. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy.
Under the current data protection legislation we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following lawful basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of your or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which required protection of personal data.
How do we use your data?
We use information about you to present our website content effectively to you , carry out contracts with you and provide information, products and services that you request.
We may use your information to contact you where we have a legitimate interest, to provide you with the services or information you have requested or may be of interest. If you would prefer that we do not use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of our legitimate interests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity and to keep a record of your relationship with us, when dealing with our customers. We use Google Analytics data to help us to understand how you use our website, in order to develop and improve our website.
When you sign up to our newsletter, we will email you our latest newsletter which may include company news, updates, events, related product or service information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email newsletter. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, unless you have given your prior consent.
Where do we store your data?
Personal data submitted via our website will be stored on our system. We store personal data in the form of digital documents on personal devices held by the director of AfricaOracle Ltd and we also store personal data on Insightly, our Customer Relationship Management System,(CRM).
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic area as may be necessary to supply our goods and services to you. By giving us your personal data you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Who will your data be shared with?
We may contract with third parties to help us supply our goods and services to you. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, as well as advertising and marketing. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the applicable data protection law.
Our website hosting Webhosting UK might have access to personal data submitted via our website. Any personal data necessary for us to provide training services to you will be stored on Eventbrite and passed onto our domain email.
We are allowed to disclose your information in the following cases:
- If we want to sell our business, or our company, we can disclose it to the potential buyer;
- We can disclose it if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights; and/or
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or credit risks.
Your privacy is important to us and we only share your data using cookies and other technologies from Google Analytics, WordPress and MailChimp. Please see our Cookies Policy.
We do not share your data with any other third party for marketing purposes. We will never sell your data to third parties.
How do we protect your data?
Your data is held securely on our systems and we treat all your personal information as fully confidential. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we process including any information that you submit to us via our website.
How long do we keep your data for?
Your data will be stored for as long as is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you and for a period of time thereafter based on internal and statutory requirements. Subject to some exceptions, we will generally store personal data for 7 years after the end of our relationship with you, including but not limited to the following categories:
- Details of payments made and received (e.g. in bank statements and accounting records including invoices, expenses receipts and other information);
- Contracts and agreements with customers and suppliers;
- Insurance details; and/or
- Tax records.
We conduct annual reviews of data stored by us.
Your Rights and Preferences
Under the current data protection legislation you have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- Restrict processing;
- Object to processing of your personal data; and
- Complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights in respect to automated decision-making and profiling but we do not undertake any automated decision-making or profiling.
If you would like your information to be amended or to be removed from our records, then we will ensure that we correct, update or remove your information as quickly as possible. However, you acknowledge that the removal of your data may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you. In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement and we will be limited in the products and services we can provide if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.